HOW TO APPLY
The Austin/Travis and Williamson Counties EFSP Board is not accepting applications for funding at this time. To receive notifications about future funding opportunities, please sign up for our email list.
In order to be eligible to receive EFSP funds, you must:
- Be a nonprofit or a public agency that provides food, shelter, rental/mortgage assistance, or utility assistance to homeless and low-income individuals;
- Be eligible to receive federal funds;
- Have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by the Local Board;
- Conduct an independent annual audit if receiving $50,000 or more in EFSP funds, or conduct an annual accountant’s review if receiving $25,000 to $49,999 in EFSP funds;
- Be already providing services and using other resources in the area in which you are seeking funding;
- Practice nondiscrimination and not require religious participation;
- Have a voluntary board if private, not-for-profit; and,
- To the extent practicable, involve homeless individuals and families, through employment, volunteer programs, etc., in providing emergency food and shelter services.
USE OF FUNDS
All funds are to be used to provide food, shelter, rent/mortgage assistance or utilities assistance to residents of or transients in Travis and Williamson Counties. Agencies must have an ongoing program in the category for which they are seeking funding. It is not the intent of EFSP to use the funds to start new programs. Also, EFSP funds are not to be used to provide emergency assistance for circumstances that are the immediate result of a disaster situation, such as fires of any kind, floods, tornadoes or hurricanes.